Dharmesh Sheth gives an update on the future of Manchester United star Jadon Sancho
Speaking to Sky Sports as quoted by GIVEMESPORT, journalist Dharmesh Sheth says that there is no way back for Jadon Sancho as he is still reluctant to apologize to Erik ten Hag who expects him to. This unfortunate clash is certainly ruining the momentum the club could have got in the matches allowing Ten Hag to have an increased squad depth.
Sancho’s dismal performances at United were mostly caused by both physical and psychological problems. A lot of fans and professionals have expressed conflicting opinions about the Sancho-Ten Hag feud. Some have supported Sancho and attacked the manager for disclosing the mental health conditions without permission.
Dharmesh Sheth said:
“I would say so, yes. There just doesn’t seem to be any resolution in sight with regard to Jadon Sancho and Erik ten Hag. Ten Hag just wants that apology. Jadon Sancho is not forthcoming with that apology, and he has effectively been banished from everything to do with the first team. There are even reports that he gets his food from where the first team get their food, but he eats it away from the first team. That’s how far down the line it’s gone.”
“You just wonder whether, even if there was to be any kind of apology now, there would be any way back because it’s gone this far and for this length of time. We’re talking about September, it’s over two months since all of this started materialising from the Arsenal game when he was left out of the squad and then the accusations almost of lying when Jadon Sancho implied that Erik ten Hag had lied in that news conference that he wasn’t training properly and that he wasn’t reaching the standard.”
When Manchester United paid £73 million for a young, hungry Jadon Sancho, who had just spent the better part of four years tearing up Bundesliga defences, they felt they had a world-beating forward on their hands.
With 50 goals and 64 assists in 137 games during his time at Signal Iduna Park, Sancho’s performance for Borussia Dortmund in Germany demonstrated his ability to play at a high level. However, he has found it difficult to repeat that success in England. For comparison, the Englishman has produced far worse stats in 82 games while wearing Manchester United’s jersey, totalling just 12 goals and six assists.
United barred Sancho from utilising any first-team facilities following his indiscretion with manager Erik ten Hag. In answer to the journalist’s inquiry on the player’s absence vs Arsenal, Ten Hag chastised the 23-year-old’s workout output. Earlier in the season, on September 3, the Red Devils were defeated 3-1 at Emirates Stadium.
Despite the interest from several teams, Sancho’s expensive price tag and substantial salary could be a major barrier. We believe that to get a contract done in January, both the player and the club will have to make unfavourable financial concessions.
Sancho is a very expensive player, and United can keep him out of the game only for so long. It seems like they may need either to use him up or put an end to this dispute with this sale.
More Manchester United News-
- Juventus are facing an obstacle after Manchester United took a transfer stance over Jadon Sancho
- Erik ten Hag doesn’t want Scott McTominay to leave Manchester United in the upcoming transfer window
- Lionel Scaloni reveals why Manchester United star Alejandro Garnacho was left out of Argentina squad
However, Sancho is at a stage of his career when he can not afford not playing games to accomplish his aspirations. The 23-year-old will also benefit from working with a manager who can bring the best out of him.