Manchester United target Kalidou Koulibaly refuses to rule out Napoli exit
Napoli star Kalidou Koulibaly says he will ‘see’ over a transfer at the end of the season. (h/t The Metro)
The Senegalese, 27, is one of Manchester United top targets heading into the summer transfer window as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer looks to rebuild his squad ahead of next season. Solskjaer will be backed significantly in the transfer window, with our gaffer keen to strengthen in four areas of the pitch, claim The Metro.
One of the key areas is central defence as we all know how poor and disorganised defensively have the Red Devils been this season. And Koulibaly, one of the world’s most complete defenders, is high on Solskjaer’s wishlist.
After the game against Arsenal earlier this week when Napoli got dumped out of the Europa League, Koulibaly was asked about his future at San Paolo Stadium. The Senegal international refused to rule out a move away from Napoli at the end of the season.
“Why? I grew up in this league. It’s the league that made me the player I am today,” Koulibaly told after Napoli’s elimination from the Europa League on Thursday. (h/t The Metro)
“To me what matters most is to finish the season well, then we’ll see.
“I am sorry because we wanted to go through.”
Koulibaly is exactly what Man United need
Defensive reinforcements are a must in the summer and Koulibaly fits the profile perfectly at Old Trafford. He is strong, physical, aerially dominant, quick and an excellent ball-playing centre-half United have lacked for some time now.
But as the Senegalese defender signed a new deal at Napoli in 2018, Solskjaer will need to persuade our board to break the bank for his signature. All in all, the former Genk man will be a top addition to Solskjaer’s side.